So, it's a girl. Hurray! I was pretty shocked that it wasn't a boy. I really thought I wanted a boy. And, someday, I do. I would take a gaggle of them. Have you met my husband? If I could have a son just like him, I'd just cry. All day, every day, of pure joy. I adore him. But, knowing I am going to have a wee little girl is just one of the best feelings in the world. I love my momma. I hope this little girl loves me like I love my mom!
We went on vaca to Europe with my family at the end of May. Super fun, loved every minute. I had been to all of the places we visited (Poland and Czech Republic), but it's been a while and it was so great to see it again with my husband (architecture nerd=in heaven!). We ate lots of yummy food and saw old stuff, slept in and took naps. Can't complain! It was a great vacation!
I haven't done bump updates since I was 19 Weeks! Yikes! I was passed out most of week 21 from jet lag, so, sorry! Here is the recap:
|20 Weeks, Warsaw Poland|
Deets from the last month:
- She kicks EVERYWHERE, all the time! I think some of it has to be punches. It's anywhere from about an inch above my belly button down to my pelvis. I can definitely tell when she is awake and when she sleeps, when she has "tired" days and her kicks aren't as hard, and when she is a crazy girl and squirming all over the place. I love to especially feel her roll over. I don't know why, but I just love it. If I lay on my back, she usually immediately rolls over. It's so darn cute!
- She (I think) responds to sounds. She kicks when I talk, when Daniel talks, and when I am sewing.
- Peeing has pretty much started to be an issue.. and I know, I know, it will get worse. Mommies always give me that look like, "Oh, so sorry, just wait. It will get worse" as if it were a bad thing. I'm sure puddling in the grocery store totally sucks and I have yet to do it, but for now, getting up 6 times a night to pee and having accidents when I sneeze just puts a huge smile on my face. I am just so thankful for all of the things I get to experience-even just physically-related to pregnancy. The biggest change I have noticed is that I will be fine, no need to pee, and then all of the sudden- hello- there is going to be an accident if I don't go NOW. That started week 23.
- So, I had my belly button pierced when I was 14. I know, it was dumb. I don't even like my stomach, so I don't know why I got it in the first place. Anyway, it ripped out a few months later at volleyball camp while we were doing sprawls. I've always had a fleshy colored scar, and now it is HUGE. I feel like one of those balloons that is printed on- you know, when they are deflated, the print is super small and you can't see it, and then blow it up and HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Oh well. I don't mind it.
- I have a very faint linea negra from my chest down to my navel. I am pretty pale, but it's very faint and usually pink.
- No real food aversions or cravings. We are pretty obsessed with fruit, and since I have pretty bad heartburn all of the time, I can only drink water (which is a good thing, I know). Sometimes I am flat sick of water, so I have started having a glass of ice tea once a day.
That's all I got! All caught up.