Saturday, June 4, 2011

Cake in a Mug


Today I went to the Just for Her Expo at the Overland Park Convention Center with Daniel's Mom, sister, aunt, and cousin.  Rephrase:  I went with my second mom, sister, aunt, and cousin. (I. love. them. to. death- have I told you that before?!).  It was a blast!  I ate enough chocolate, cupcakes, dips, dehydrated food, and chocolate (did I mention that yet?!) to last me a week (who are we kidding- the evening!  I will be back at it tomorrow!)  Wooo!  I never need to be reminded how great it is to be a woman- we have so much fun! I even scored a free massage and a chocolate sucker shaped like...ehemmm... the twins (which melted in the car on the way home.  I am not happy)!  I loved it.

Back to reality...Now that I have real time to cook, I want to try some new recipes.  This week, I am making Teriyaki Slow-Cooker chicken that I saw on the Rachael Ray Talk Show and some Creamy Chicken Taquitos I found on a blog.  Yum!  I will post them when I cook them (Tomorrow is the chicken, Thursday is Taquitos!)  I did have a chocolate craving a few days ago and found a pretty yummy recipe-

All things cute come from Poland =D
Ingredients:
  • 4 Tbsp Flour
  • 4 Tbsp Sugar
  • 2 Tbsp Cocoa Powder 
  • 2 Tbsp Whisked Egg (You can leave it out to make it fudgier- I did, but mostly because I'm lazy)
  • 3 Tbsp Milk
  • 3 Tbsp Oil
Mix together very very well.  Make sure all of those lumps get mixed in.  Add in
  • 3 Tbsp Chocolate Chips
  • Splash of Vanilla
Mix together again and microwave for 2:30. Yum!  Of course, real cake is so much better, but this goes from nothing to something in 5 minutes!
Hmmm.. I'm thinking this would be a great little lab for my 6th graders in the fall.  Sweet!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

designed with love by beautiful dawn designs