Sunday, October 21, 2012

Thoughts on Vlogging


A video blog, sometimes shortened to vlog (pronounced 'vlog', as opposed to 'v-log') is a form of blog for which the medium is video, and is a form of Web television. Entries often combine embedded video or a video link with supporting text, images, and other metadata. Entries can be recorded in one take or cut into multiple parts. It is also a very popular category on YouTube.

Okay, so I have been toying with the idea of starting a vlog (not quiting the blog- just doing vlogs, too!).  What are your thoughts?  Anyone follow any vloggers out there?
Over the summer I was searching for youtube videos about cloth diapering, fertility meds, natural remedies for infertility, TTC ("trying to conceive"), and eventually ectopic pregnancy.  I came across and started following three vloggers:
  • Katulka2- Kaity and Mike.  They have a daughter, Alice.  I found her when searching for tips about cloth diapering newborns.  LOVE her.  They live in some dessert-area of the US and Kaity blogs about natural living, saving money, cloth diapering, and random Mommy thoughts and ideas.  She reminds me of a girlfriend from college who is now my Pen Pal (Hey Tara!), so I favor her channel quite a bit.

  • Plus1Please- Kelsey.  I found her when I was searching for vlogs about ectopic pregnancies, the methotrexate injection, and what to expect.  If I remember right, she is around my age, had a miscarriage and then an ectopic, and now has a healthy 6 month-ish son.  She blogs about the same types of things as the last vlogger (go figure I would like them both!)

  • The Eades Family-Lucy and Fam.  I just found this one a few days ago.  One of their videos was in the side "recommendation" bar.  Hilarious.  Their kids are always in the videos jibber jabbering and she always talks to them in the middle of her videos-mid sentence.  Love her.  Watch the "RIP Cloth Diapers" video.  Hysterical.

I am obsessed.  I had Friday off because of parent teacher conferences and laid on the couch in the morning for TWO HOURS catching up on vlogs.  I may or may not have done this during the summer whilst my husband was working hard.. woops! Seeing a new video posted is like seeing a new episode of a tv show, but more often.  Anyway, I'm not sure what it is. Maybe it's that vlogs are faster to keep up with because you don't have to read.  Maybe I am just being my stalker self and like to actually see a person's face and hear their voice.  Maybe it's easier to go on youtube and search a key word than trying to find a blog post someone wrote about the topic.
Whatever it is, I like it.  I want to be part of it.  It is so nice to be able to find a person's blog or vlog and hear them talk about something you are going through.  Plus, it would be nice for our family to see updates on us through video since many live far away.
Anyway, thoughts?  Would you watch? Do you have any good vloggers you follow?  Comments welcome! (and, if you haven't, check out these vloggers!)

3 comments:

  1. I considered vlogging my baby step to future public speaking someday... maybe... lol I just posted my first one this morning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them all as well. Met Kelsey at a YT Mom Meet-up & she is just as she is on video. Also, another great vlogger is KyleandCourtney {Go Team Hale}. Family of 4!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would stay away from Lucy. Check out xxxjoelpolexxx at guru gossiper! Eye opening to say the least....

    ReplyDelete

designed with love by beautiful dawn designs