Okay, so I didn't pick up all of this stuff this week.
I have been stock-piling for a year and a half when I see good sales. Sue me.
If you have any of these products and love these or hate them, give this first time momma some advice in a comment.
- Bamboobies-washable nursing pads. They have a promo going right now to get a single pair for one penny, just pay shipping. I "bought" four pairs. Meh. Why not.
- Newborn cloth diapers-Green Mountain Diapers and Various Diaper Covers. Okay, technically these were for baby #1, so they have been in the nursery closet for some time. We bought 24 orange-edge prefolds, some snappi fasteners and 5 rumparooz/Thirsties covers. We plan on buying a few more newborn Thirsties covers and a variety of pocket and AIO diapers for post-newborn stage (anyone? Brands?). I think I'd like a few newborn fitteds, too- Cloth-eez Workhorse or Kissaluvs 2.0.
- ERGO Sport Carrier! I found one at Marshalls for half price. I almost peed. Had I been more pregnant I probably would have. They retail $120 and I paid $60 (well, Grandma did)! I showed Daniel and he said he can't wait to wear it... thisisformebutokay. I might just fall in love with him again for the 5000th time.
- Delta 4-in-1 Convertible Crib. This was on clearance at Target because their white furniture is online only (I don't know how it got there because it was unopened). It was marked down to $100 from $250. Shhhyyyeah.
- Be Maternity BeBand. Not needed quite yet but the bloat was so out of control last week that I wore maternity slacks to work for comfort (okay, and today for parent teacher conferences. sowhat). Judge if you want, I don't care.
- Bumbo Seat. I actually bought this when I was periodically babysitting my niece over the summer while her grandma was out of town. It was wonderful. Got it second hand for $15. Yes, I know it was recalled so that you would put a seat belt into it. Got the attachment. Leave me alone. It's wonderful for play time on the floor.
- Maternity Clothes. I have more maternity pants than real pants! Not too many shirts, but thanks to the popularity of baggy sweaters and tunics, I have some things that should last me a while. Thank you, thrift stores!
- Smitten Baby Wet 'n Dry Bag. This is my most favorite thing ever. There are two compartments for clean/dirty. The material is SO thick! You cannot buy directly from the website, but it shows up on Zulily and Totsy often. I should have gotten two, so I am on the prowl for another sale. I bought this 16 square incher from Zulily for $22. It came with 2 "sandwich pods" of the same pattern that I will use for randoms in the diaper bag.
- I almost forgot about our Pack 'N Play! We found this Safety First Premiere Play Yard in Kensington at Babies R Us marked down to $40 from $180. 75% off areyoukiddingme. My sister yelled at me for not putting something like this on our registry later, but I have never found a print I like in colors I like (neutral!). This is perfection. I think we are going to opt out of a separate bassinet and use this bad boy in our bedroom for the baby to sleep in for the first few months, then double it later for an mommy-needs-to-vacuum play pen. I am not a huge fan of the storage and laundry bin on the side under the infant changer, but it zips off. Why do people label "storage" or "laundry" as if you don't know what goes there? Tacky. I'm sure it will come in handy for middle-of-the-night changes.
I think we are off to a good start to get us excited. Off this weekend to window shop and decide on big items we like. Anything a new mom must have in your opinion? Share! I love THE BABY LIST put together by Styleberry Blog. Check her out!