Weight: 9lbs 14oz
Length: 21.5 inches
- Taking Baths
- Your hands by your face, just like when you were inside Mommy
- Having your head rubbed
- Holding your head up (you have freakishly amazing neck control)
- Sleeping (you have always been such a great sleeper! You get up every 3 hours to nurse and go right back to sleep, sometimes on your own)
- Your Daddy. Wow, do you love your Daddy! Sometimes I think you love Daddy more than Mommy!
- Smiling (you did it for the first time between 3 and 4 weeks at your Daddy and he cried. And no matter what anyone says, yes, it was real and no, it wasn't gas. You've been smiling every since!)
- Farting! Your farts are so loud. Louder than Daddy's (but not Mommy's!). You threw me under the bus at the OB's office and waited to toot until I was bending over and everyone in the waiting room thought it was me. And I did the whole, "Oh my gosh, I swear that was my baby". And they did the whole "mmmhmm". Thanks for that.
- Your car seat
- Socks and Blankets covering your feet
- Being wet or dirty
- Slow milk. You like to yell at Mommy's yayas if it's not coming out fast enough.
We think you are a pretty good mix of the two of us. Daddy's eyes, feet, ears, and skin, and Mommy's nose, lips, hands, and hair. We can't wait to hear you talk and see your personality more. I think you are a sweet, sweet little girl. We know you are so smart- you watch us and imitate us all the time! Mommy's prayer is that you are humble.
We brought you home in cloth diapers and we love it more than we could have ever imagined! It is so fun that sometimes your Daddy and I fight over who gets to change you. He even likes to help stuff diapers, but I don't like it when he helps. I like to do it! You fit into your newborn prefolds until you were 4 weeks old, and we finally decided to pack them away when your Daddy yelled "these don't contain her thighs anymore!". Now you fit into your one size pockets, but we still use some bigger prefolds. I think it's an emotional thing. (I will do a diaper update later).
We spent a lot of time texting and calling Nurse Kathy, aka Nana, to see if what you were doing was normal and okay. We worry all the time! But you are perfect, and know exactly how to grow.
You and I, dear one, battled yeast the last 2 weeks of the month, but we have finally kicked it and have been smooth sailing ever since. We were at appointments with either your doctor or mine every week, but it was worth it.
You have had lots of visitors and everyone absolutely loves you! Your cousin is obsessed with you and can't wait to play with you when you get older. Nana and Pop came to visit and made you your first Halloween costume. You were a pea pod and Mommy and Daddy were farmers! We ate your candy.
Sorry. Not sorry.
For your one month birthday, we had a little party and I made the 3 of us chocolate chip cupcakes.
You I blew out a candle. You fell asleep from all the excitement and had your cupcake the next day... via milk. Don't worry, you will have many many parties and lots of candles to blow out one day. Mommy and Daddy are already planning your first real birthday so we can make it extra special!
This has been the best month of our lives, Lillie Girl. You have made us laugh and cry tears of joy every single day. You make us wonder how people can say this is the hardest month- you are such a lovely girl. We know every baby is different and are thankful we hit the jackpot with you! We love you more than you know and are so unbelievably grateful that you are the one we wake up to each morning. You are our treasure, sweet girl!