They look like chocolate chip cookie bars, but they taste different. They have the consistency of brownies, which makes them a perfect mate to a glass of skim milk. They do not have white sugar-only brown. My weetle sixth graders always ask me if brown sugar is the whole wheat version of sugar and better for you. Oh, if only the world worked that way.
My little sister was double fisting these last night at dinner. You will love them!
- 1 cup Butter
- 3 Eggs
- 3 Cups Brown Sugar
- 3 Tsp Vanilla
- 3 cups Flour
- 1.5 tsp Baking Powder
- 3/8 tsp Baking Soda
- 1.5 tsp Salt
- 1.5 Cups Chopped Nuts
- 1 Bag Chocolate Chips
- Melt 1 cup Butter in the microwave. Add 3 cups of brown sugar and cool slightly.
- Add 3 beaten eggs and vanilla to the sugar and butter (if the mixture isn't cooled before you add the eggs, you will have scrambled eggs in your brownies). Blend together with a whisk or spoon.
- In a separate bowl, add flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and mix together. Add to sugar/butter mixture and mix together (no mixer needed! Just use your spoon). Add nuts and stir together.
- Spread in a 9*13 and 9" square pan, greased and floured (I don't know why it bakes that much- that's just what we've always done!)
- Sprinkle chocolate chips on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until set/toothpick test comes out clean.
- Once cooled, dust with powdered sugar.