29 Weeks was pretty great. We went on a family vacation with my in-laws and had a great time. We went to Wisconsin and saw House on the Rock and The Dells. I think we ate cheese curds and fried pickles at every meal and had a blast hanging out.
Non-pregnant, I would have said we didn't do a huge deal of walking, or anything out of the ordinary. House on the Rock was 5ish hours of walking, and we were on a boat for a lot of The Dells. I have to say, though- I felt it the first night! Otherwise, I felt pretty good. Our diet was pretty bad on the trip, but we really didn't have the option sometimes. I felt pretty sluggish because of it, but it felt really great to get home and detox. It's vacation. Gotta live a little!
Baby wise, lots of similarities from last week or two. A few notables-
- Feeling heavy at the end of the day, which does zilch for my self esteem. I joke with Daniel that I have my own gravitational pull and act like objects are orbiting around me (yeaaah, Family Guy reference I am not proud of!)
- My hair is terrible. My mom kept reassuring me that I would have thick, lustrous hair from this kid. NO. EXACT OPPOSITE. It has become super brittle and is breaking all over the place, despite my efforts to keep heat away from my hair most days out of the week, apply heat protectant when I do fix it, and baby it. My hair was healthier when I was working and fixing it every day! Did not expect that at all.
- The pregnancy insomnia is at an all-time high. I usually wake up around 2 and stay awake until 4. Sometime around 3 I hit Pinterest on my phone and-good news-we have been trying lots of freezer friendly recipes that I can stock the freezer with for when baby comes. I have broken down and taken a Benadryl every once in a while if it's bad. I was having some allergy issues, and then realized I was sleeping. Woohoo!
- The gas. Wow. Yesterday was the worst! I had a big honkin salad at lunch and think that may have done it, but I felt like I was literally about to pop. There is no room in there for baby and gas, and, well, unfortunately for my husband, the baby wins out. And they are bad.
- I'm not sure if I already mentioned hiccups, but she always has them it feels like!! I can see them, now, too. It's so fun.
- I am just about finished with this book and pretty much love it. So much information and it is so encouraging! Nursing is one thing I have been looking forward to for so long. Can't wait.
- I feel like I have been nesting for a lot of this pregnancy, but now I feel like it's down to the wire. I feel like we still have so much to do (shampoo carpets, build a bookcase, sew five thousand things, fill the freezer, organize the garage!) and not so much time to do it. We have been traveling so much this year and next weekend is (hopefully) our last trip before she gets here. Our plan is to make September our R&R month of a whole lotta nothin', so looking forward to that.