Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Thrify Five-Fifty

I usually stick to furniture and home goods when shopping through thrift stores- nothing against any of the other merchandise, I just don't have the patience to weed through the clothing.  PLUS, depending on the store, I find better deals on NEW clothes than on used.


Anyway, I had to stop by Missouri Sewing Machine in Overland Park today to get some bobbin cases fixed for school.  After waiting around for 30 minutes for some little hunched-over man in the back room to screw in some nuts and bolts, I realized I wasn't far from a pretty decent thrift- Turn Styles.  Here is the link to their website.

I didn't find any good furniture (except a $5 dresser, which could have been painted, but it had zero character), so I decided to look through some of the clothing.  After all, all clothing was an additional 50% off.

Ew?  No way!  It's called a washing machine.  I'm sorry, but I'm pretty sure a large majority of clothing at retail stores are tried on 1000 times OR have been returned.  Used is Used.


Low and behold, I found a GREAT knee-length pea coat in my favorite color (taupe!) and in fabulous condition.  I was weary about it being a size too small, but it fit! 

 Please excuse the blurriness of this picture.  My wonderful
husband has very limited photography skills!



Originally $10, I got it for $5, $5.50 with tax.  Can't beat that!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

designed with love by beautiful dawn designs