Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Teaching Village

Soooo... I got featured on a blog.

Say WAAAA?

Ya, crazy I know.  AND I wouldn't exactly call it "featured", but hey, I got mentioned somewhere!  Awesome.  Barbara Hoskins Sakamoto from Teaching Village emailed me a few weeks ago (WOW- just looked through my email.  MONTHS ago!  Time flies!) about my Hope for Japan project.  I haven't a clue how she heard about us, but she is an English teacher in Japan who blogs about teaching strategies and other goodies.
 If you would like to read the entire post, visit her blog.  We raised $900 total through the sales of our hobo bags and iPod cases.  $1 of each bag went to production costs, so we were able to send $700 by way of the American Red Cross.  Sweet!

As much as I love being a teacher, FREEEEEEEDOM is almost here- 10 more days of school left!  I haven't really done any projects or visited my usual bloggies in 3-4 weeks.  I am getting restless!  Will update with some projects sooooon, I promise!
On a side note, my grandma moved out of her house into a duplex (a good thing) and I was able to inherit some items from her house.  I love it!  It's like a little piece of her is here.  Will reveal those as well. =)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

designed with love by beautiful dawn designs