Speaking of stages of life, everyone we know seems to be hitting up the next one: Babies. The "baby/growing family" section of our prayer list takes up half the page.
Let me set you straight: Daniel and I are not having a baby, neither are we trying to have one.
We are, however, preparing.
Preparing for what?
Teachers=planners. Big time. Nonetheless, I don't think it's possible to plan for a baby. I don't think it's possible to even be fully (or partially) prepared-ever-for the task (and huge blessing.. so I hear =D) of parenthood.
God does what He be, yo.
I do, however, believe it's never too early to start preparing for it. After all, with the help of the Lord, we will eventually have some little ones (and, I pray we have some sons that look and have the integrity of my husband- check him out!).
|Really, do they come any more handsome than this? I think not!|
- Make it clear to us when we should start a family (which is not now!!)
- Bless us with children
- Give us healthy children
- Guide us in the financial planning for our expanding family
- Prepare us to parent in a godly way
- Raise up godly children that ultimately seek to glorify Him and understand/accept his gift of forgiveness and righteousness through the sacrifice of the cross
If you know me, you know, I, well, don't read. I mean, I can, obviously, but I would so rather be doing something hands-on that produces something in the end, like sewing. However, we just starting reading a few books about pregnancy, babies, and parenting and we. are. loving. it. Why?
- No pressure to finish in 9 months when the baby comes since we don't have one in-the-baking-yet.
- We have more time to talk and pray about what we read.
- Again, did I say I don't like to read? MORE TIME, LESS PRESSURE this way!
- I will most likely want to sew every. baby. item. I. can. find. rather than read by the time I am pregnant.
|Mostly for me (although I've read the first 60 pages and learned it all in college from my Family Studies and Human Services coursework, but it's still awesome!)|
|Clearly for Daniel. It's by a Christian author and we couldn't find a bad review out there on it.|
Again, if you see me, please do not ask if we are having a baby or even suspect it. You'll be wrong and see that in a few months, I'm not getting fat (or as fat as I should if I were pregnant.. I hope! Wanting to lose a little weight and get more in shape before we conceive!).
If you've read any great books, leave me a comment! We're interested in Christian-based parenting and child development books, not anything that related to particular topics such as sleeping. =)
On a side note, scored some hawt frocks to refashion tomorrow and Friday. I will update before the weekend!