Tuesday, May 7, 2013

17 Weeks!



How far along: 17 Weeks!  Time is flying.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: 7.5.  Not too shabby.

Maternity clothes: Hecks ya.  Actually, I was thinking this morning as I got dressed that the best thing I ever did (okay, maternity clothing wise) was to buy things before I got pregnant (except maternity jeans.  Don't do that.  I swear it is true what they say- you don't know what kind of belly panel you will like until you have a belly.  I hate ANYTHING tight over my belly, so my jeans have a 1-inch elastic).  Over the last (almost) 2 years I have rarely bought a piece of clothing that couldn't work for maternity.  I don't really wear short shirts or tight fitting clothing as it is, so that means lots of lightweight, oversized sweaters with leggings and cotton tops.  I bought the dress in my bump picture on clearance for $10 at Old Navy several months before I got pregnant and it totally works!  Love it.  So much cuter than "maternity" (and cheaper, might I add).

Emotions:  Not bad.  A little needy, a little sensitive, but all in all I don't think I've fit the psycho-pregnant-chick profile just yet.

Stretch marks: Nope.

Sleep: Welp, I now have to get up twice to potty during the night- at least.  The other day (not asleep) I went to the bathroom and, no joke, 5 minutes later had to go SO BAD AGAIN!  My restless leg issues have really gotten bad- I feel like my leg and ankle nerves are on fire!  My dreams have been pretty weird- I dreamt last night that we bought our own ultrasound machine (which was really a doppler.. cool) and we could see in color and 3D- it was a boy, and it had the head of a 17 year old, glasses, and it was a rainbow colored worm.

Best moment this week: I wouldn't call it the best, but I thought it was funny.  Sunday morning we got ready for church, like normal, and I ate an egg sandwich for breakfast, like normal (seriously, I eat one every single morning of my life right now).  We got in the car and I told Daniel while we were still in the neighborhood that I felt like I was going to puke.  We pull out of the neighborhood and I hurl... everywhere.  We had to turn around and go home.  My husband was screaming the whole time "OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH IT SMELLS SO BAD ARE YOU OKAY OH MY GOSH".  I couldn't help but laugh. Even when I don't feel top notch, I am loving every minute of pregnancy-and I honestly mean that.  Thankful for every minute of the pukes.

Movement: Ya know, I could have sworn I felt it the other morning. I woke up too early on Saturday and was lying in bed trying to go back to sleep.  I was very still and I could have sworn I felt it.  Felt like gas, but then I didn't need to do anything if you catch my drift.  It happened again last night when I was in bed.  Can't wait for it to be more obvious!

Food cravings: Not much, love fruit.  Just love food in general!

Gender: 2 weeks away!

Labor signs: Nada.

Belly button - in or out? In.  Very in.  As in I-can't-imagine-it-being-out in.

What I miss: I still miss pop.  I don't even drink and I saw a beer commercial and thought "oh my gosh that looks so refreshing".  I think it's the carbonation and ice cold thing I miss.  I don't even care how awful it looks, I am going to be downing a big gulp of Coke while I breastfeed that baby in the hospital the first time... okay, second time.  Just once, okay?  I broke down last night and made Daniel get me a kiddie sized fountain Coke from QT on his way home from work.  It was glorious and the heartburn was okay.  Totally worth it.

What I am looking forward to: Getting the nursery together, which looks like this right now:

Not cool.  Needs major work.  We have our chair coming this week and have found great Craigslist finds.  Have been stopping at Goodwill every week to collect tchotchkes (Tchotchke [noun] is a small bauble or miscellaneous item) to accessorize.  Last week we got some serious fluff mail and our stash is up to 20 dipes!  And, I have a shower next week.  Super excited.  Can't wait for school to be out, summer to be here, and time to nest big time!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

designed with love by beautiful dawn designs