Tuesday, May 14, 2013

18 Weeks



How far along: 18 Weeks!  Howdidthathappen!?

Total Weight Gain/Loss: 8.  My butt looks huge in this picture.. not wearing that skirt ever again!

Maternity clothes: I am growing out of clothes from my normal wardrobe that have been working.  Yikes.  I have quite a few basics that fit fine, so I am going to try and add some accessories to mix it up without having to buy new... see how long that works.

Emotions:  Same as always.  I did cry during the ridiculous flash mob on Grey's last week.  If you saw that, you know how totally lame it was and even lamer that it made me cry.  Someone is going to die, I swear.

Stretch marks: Nope.

Sleep: I said before that I am a back sleeper.  I always sleep on my back with my head turned to one side.  Even if I don't go to sleep that way, I wake up that way... with numb hands!  It is the most bizarre thing ever.  I suppose baby really is pushing on whatever-nerve and making my hands numb, so trying to lay on my sides more.  I had a dream the other night (they are still weird!) that we conceived twins 1 days after we conceived this baby, so I had triplets inside of me with different gestational ages (as if 1 day makes a difference at 40 weeks).  They wanted to deliver my singleton and then my twins the next day... and I remember the one thing I told the nurses was "No.  I can't have triplets.  I don't have enough cloth diapers!!".  Um, wow.  I remember begin terrified of pushing and terrified I would have to birth twins the day after giving birth to one.. with a seriously sore hooha.  Then I woke upthankGod.

Best moment this week: BABY IS KICKING!!  It's the best feeling ever.  I felt it last Wednesday for the first time and it is so, so sweet to feel it.  It's still so hard to believe it's a baby in there.  Daniel got to feel it last night for the first time!  Baby was kicking so hard.  We were laying in bed, because that is when I can feel it most, and he has his hand on my tummy.  Baby kicked and he jerked and yelled "WAS THAT IT?!?"  Sure was =)

*Update* I went to the doctor for a checkup (at 18?  I know, long story) and she said we can feel more movement earlier than most because my placenta isn't where normal placentas are- and since it it previa, it's out of the way and we can feel kicks.  Silver lining?  Sure, but that thing can move away and stop being previa at any point as far as I'm concerned!

Movement: Lots!

Food cravings: Same ole turkey sandwiches.  So delicious.

Gender: Next week!  It's killing me!

Labor signs: Nada.

Belly button - in or out? In.  

What I miss: Not much.. I've given in and had a little pop every once in a while.  I am on pelvic rest because of placenta previa right now, so I miss being able to lift more than 5-10lbs..like bringing laundry up and down stairs.  It's the little things.

What I am looking forward to:  Gender, next week!  Daniel said last night that "SHE" was kicking really hard... we will see about that!  Cannot wait.  Also looking forward to doing more with the nursery once I have time this summer.

1 comments:

  1. Umm, your butt does not look big. You look sweet and very happy. :)

    ReplyDelete

designed with love by beautiful dawn designs