Friday, August 3, 2012

Best Chocolate Chip Recipe Ever

I was talking to my mother in law the other day about cookies and how both of ours seem to melt instead of bake and then cool flat.  Don't get me wrong, they taste great (I mean, how can butter, sugar, and chocolate taste bad?), but I think it's fair to say a girl likes a good, fluffy, soft cookie.
I had seen a pin on Pinterest about adding corn starch to the cookie dough and I was skeptical.  Pinterest can really be hit-and-miss sometimes.  I used to make an awesome cookie that had shortening in it and they were huge, chewy, and perfectly baked.  I have searched high and low for the recipe and cannot find it.
BUT, I found this recipe at Apple a Day and tried it out.  Perfect.  The dough is a little dry, so my KitchenAid paddle left a lot of flour in the bottom of the bowl that I had to mix by hand.  It's taking all that is in me to not each the whole batch.

Ingredients: 
1.5 sticks butter, softened (I like salty cookies, but you can use either salted or unsalted)
3/4 c. brown sugar 
1/4 c. granulated sugar 
1 egg 
2 tsp. vanilla extract 
2 c. all purpose flour 
2 tsp. cornstarch 
1 tsp. baking soda 
1/2 tsp. salt 
1.5 c. bittersweet chocolate chips

Directions:
1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2.  Cream together butter and sugars until fluffy and light in color. Add egg and vanilla and blend in.
3.  Mix flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl.  Add 1/3 of the mixture at a time, barely mixing each time.  Make sure it is completely mixed, then stir in chocolate chips.
4.  Using a cookie scoop or tablespoon, drop dough onto a greased baking sheet.  Bake for 8-9 minutes, until barely golden brown around the edges.  No longer.

BEWARE.  So delicious!

2 comments:

  1. So . . . I read this post and thought CORNSTARCH?!? Really, Katie? But I made them today and they will now be my new go-to chocolate chip recipe! They were absolutely wonderful! You never fail to amaze me, Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made these today after seeing the recipe on Pinterest. They came out perfect. Just as described. My new favorite recipe ��

    ReplyDelete

designed with love by beautiful dawn designs