Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Betsy Etsy

Being in Charleston with my parents was such a great week.  It was bittersweet to have to come home- bitter because I only get to see them a few times a year, but so sweet to see my husband again.  I missed him so much!  If you'd like to see pictures of the trip, they are on my facebook.

Everyday I wake up, I thank God for making me me.  I don't want that to come out wrong- I'm not the type of person who thinks I'm "all that".  Believe me, there are so many things I just hate about myself, the way I act, things I can't control.  There are days when I wake up and wish I was someone else.  But, in all, I think, Ya know, I like me.  If I weren't me, my husband wouldn't have fallen in love with me and made the the happiest wife alive.  If I weren't me, my life wouldn't be what it is- and, even with it's ups and downs, blessed can't even begin to describe it.  I read somewhere that hating yourself is hating what God decided he wanted you to be and made to love.  SO, considering that, I'm not going to question Him about me.  There are so many more important things going on in the world!  I love Jesus, my Momma and Daddy, whole family, and friends- knowing them made me me, and they are great!

Anyways, I say it all the time, but I am so thankful that God blessed me with the skill to sew, be creative, and making a living doing it.  Don't get me wrong- I AM LOVING SUMMER OFF, but it is so fun to go to work and feel like it's play.  I love teaching kids how to be creative, sew, and made great stuff.  Seeing them design something on their own is one of the greatest feelings!  I posted before that I had 2 Etsy sells last weekend- so cool!  Groceries on Etsy this week =).  I am so thankful God provided for that.  I mean, extra sewing cash is great and I can feel good knowing I'm buying more material with money I earned from sewing something, but it feels good knowing someone I don't know would like to buy something I made.  I never thought that would happen!
So, here is a picture of my first sale:  2 binkie clips
I packaged it up pretty and printed these little cards about getting free shipping on another order.  Wrapped it up in crisp tissue paper and off it went in the mail yesterday!  Hope this baby enjoys them =)
I made these flower headbands yesterday as well and posted them last night:

I am obsessed with making them now!  So cute.  I named them "Christine Headbands" after my sister.  She is one of the most beautiful people I know- just like these =)
Then, today, I made a nursing cover- or Hooter Hider (Sorry, I know it's on the edge of vulgarity, but I thought that name was hilarious!  I call them Hootie Hiders to make them more ear-muff friendly)- and I want. to. keep. it!
It has boning on the top so Mom can see baby feeding and terry cloth in both bottom corners to clean up baby after feeding.  So cute!  Check out my Etsy shop for more specs and details.  Do you see more Christine flowers?  Yes- see, obsessed.  I think I'm going to make them my "thing" and put them on all of the things I sew.
A few posts ago I mentioned I wanted my own tags to sew into the things I sew.  I thought for a minute and thought, well, tags are expensive.  I like simplicity and balance and the fabrics I usually choose are, well, not that simple (My mother-in-law is probably shocked that I have sewn things in prints and color!), so why not balance it with simplicity?  I found some striped seersucker (which always reminds me of my Mom- she always feels it when we are in the fabric store and talks about how cute baby clothes are that are made with it!) and made tags with that.  I just made a loop!  So- my stuff all has this in it now:

Me likey!  I love having a hobby that I love.  I love that my mom taught me how to do it and I think of her whenever I sew.  I love that my husband approves of my hobby... as long as I clean up when I am done.

Which I need to do now before he gets home.
Skat!

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

designed with love by beautiful dawn designs