Thursday, June 2, 2011

Krazy Coupon Lady

Hey there!
I was on facebook this morning and there was an ad on my sidebar about "The Krazy Coupon Lady".  Anything coupon related screeeaaaammmmmsss my name, so I took a peak.
Does anyone watch "Extreme Couponing" on TLC?  One of the first episodes (maybe even the 1-hour special that aired before they made a show out of it) followed four people who do extreme couponing and one of the gals started her own website- The Krazy Coupon Lady!

Her tag line is "Pick another Checkout lane, Honey!", which I think is hilarious.  Anyway, she posts random (read: amazing!) deals that you can find at national grocery/pharmacy chains like Target, Walmart, etc.
Today, she posted that you can get:
Free Arby's Roast Beef Sandy if you take a short survey on their website and join their mailing list.  They will email you a printable coupon in 24 hours or less! 

annnnddd...
This super cute little ketchup bottle is only 10 cents when you use a coupon from May 22nd's Smart Source.

So cute!  I love me a great deal!  Speaking of which- here is my super cute $5 GAP dress that I purchased from thrift store Red Rack.  DAV either changed their name to this or it's just a part of DAV thrift stores.  Anyway, I LOVE it!

I know, the tag actually says $6.98.  They were having a sale, so I only really paid $5.  Also, it was a size too big, so I took in the sides and tapered them to create a curved line.  Here is what I did:
  1.  I turned the dress inside out and decided I did not want to have to take off the sleeves and bottom of the dress (if you look really closely, it's a different piece that I would have had to take off, make smaller just like the sides, and reattach it.  Mmmm, no thanks!).  Soooo, I started in the seam allowance under the sleeve and slowly tapered it out into the dress, then back into the seam allowance.  You can see the white stitching I did on the left.
 2.  After that, I folded the dress in half vertically so both side seams where touching.  I placed pins on the other side seam of the dress so that I would know how far in to taper the dress and how fast to make the seam allowance bigger.

I actually ended up having to go back and taper it even more after I tried it on.  It looks great,especially with a belt, and I already wore it to a school conference.  $5 baby!
Don't you just love to sew?  I can't believe what I can do with the skill.  I am beyond thankful that my mom taught me how when I was a freshman in college and that I can make a living teaching others how to as well.  
Anyway, I've got some errands to run (yay, summer!) and a basement to make over.  I'll update about that tomorrow with a yummy recipe!

1 comments:

designed with love by beautiful dawn designs