Friday, October 7, 2011

Dip Day

Today was "Dip Day" at school.  We made dips in my classes and it was nothing short of cheesy, glorious fun.  I kept singing "Put your hand up on my hip- when I dip you dip we dip" to myself and felt compelled to look up the lyrics thinking I might blog about my mental concert this evening.
Dir-tay.
Really?  Who writes this garbage?  I think it's one of those songs I just knew the chorus to growing up and had no clue what I was saying, like all of the TLC songs.  Even Robyn!  Did you listen to her?!
I remember my best friend and I (Katie Burris- if you are out there, I miss you!) decided we were going to try out for the talent show in 5th grade and lip sync to a song by Robyn. We choreographed this hideous dance and thought we were hot stuff.  We did it to "Do You Know What It Takes", whose tagline is "Do Me Right".
Yeah.
You read that right.
We didn't get picked to perform and we had no idea why (our parents also had no idea we were doing this).
Now that I am a teacher, I am sure the minute we walked off the stage, our teachers made fun of us for hours... in the lounge, on the playground, and in the bathroom... then went home and made more fun of us with their families.
Wow.  I love being a teacher!  Middle school kids always provide us with so much entertainment and still give you that farm and fuzzy.  A kiddo even came up to me and apologized for being mean to me yesterday.  I told him I forgave him and next week we would start fresh, like it never happened.  If only adult life was that simple!

My friend Laurisa at The Land of LA posted a challenge the other day to, well, basically be holier.  What would happen if we only spoke kind words, didn't judge, loved ourselves for who we are and let God handle the things he asks us to trust him for?  To be honest, I don't know what would happen because I struggle with all of those things (and you do to, friend!).  But, I have been praying over these things lately and am thankful for Laurisa's honesty in her post.  SO, join the challenge, pursue holiness, and love the Lord your God!

Here is the dip I made for a demo with my kids today.  Seriously delicious.

Spinach Artichoke Dip
Ingredients:
1 package Queso Blanco Velveeta
1 box frozen, thawed, and pressed spinach
1 jar artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder

Mix together.  Microwave until bubbly, smooth, and hot.  Serve with pita, wheat thins, veggies, or tortilla chips.  =)

Perfect for football season (which, in my world means Sunday-Sewing-Season.  Hate.  Football)
Have Fun with Felt and a pattern review coming up for you!  Stay tuned!


 

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean...I am writing down all these funny moments they give me. Sometime I just laugh to myself later thinking about how funny they are.

    I love middle school students. I run the talent show at my school and there are some pretty classic performances!

    Love the dip idea too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting post I enjoyed read this

    ReplyDelete

designed with love by beautiful dawn designs