Sunday, October 23, 2011

Weekend in Texas

We went to Waco, Texas this weekend and had a blast!  Besides our reasoning for going down there, spending uninterrupted time in the car with Daniel was one of my favorite parts of the whole trip.
Yes, leggings are pants.  I have ordained Legging Tuesday at school.  Glorified sweatpants.  So comfy!

We visited Texas because My dear friend Julia got married.  We were so blessed and honored to witness such a wonderful event in her life.
It was beautiful!
I am obsessed with bunting!  Love it.


Isn't this gorgeous?  =)

Such joy!



How beautiful is her dress?  Jealous.  And clearly we aren't used to Texas Heat.  Horrible! 

Love them!

I know Julia from K-State.  The year I got married (and lived in our hall for only first semester, since we were married in December), she was the head of our hall and her apartment was across the hall from my room.  We have been kindred spirits from the start.  You know how people say your heart leaps just being around someone like that?  When you have some natural connection that goes without words?  That's how we've always been.  Just spending time with Julia makes me feel at home.  I feel like I've known her for years, when really it's been about 4, and we really only lived in the same state and town for one.  I haven't seen her for about 2 years, but when we reconnected this weekend I felt like it was yesterday.  I am so thankful for the way God has blessed our friendship and has prevented time from playing a factor.  She will forever be one of my dearest.

We both love Jesus and supporting each other through our walks.  We also are obsessed with Peter Cetera and Chicago.  It's a sickness, really.  =)  We used to go to weddings (not together- to ones of people only one of us knew) and would text each other updates throughout the wedding.  I know this sounds horrible, but we would text about all the hideous things people did at their weddings and always joked we would go on E or the Style Network with a show called "Wedding Bashers" and make fun of ugly weddings.  I know, hideous people we are.  Hilarious nonetheless.

Because she was head of our hall in KSU, she really lived there, including holiday breaks.  When we got married over Christmas break, Daniel and I went on our honeymoon the day after Christmas and came back to Manhattan around the 3rd of January.  The Spring semester didn't start for another week or two, so Manhattan was a ghost town.  Julia used to work all day and then come over to our apartment for dinner and fun every.single.night and we loved it.  We started joking that she was our daughter and she would call us "Mom" and "Dad" as a joke (which was even funnier since she is older than we are!).  We still sign cards that way.  We were witnessing to two Mormon missionaries at the time and she would always come over on Tuesdays when they did.  Such a special experience we were able to share with her.
This was our "family photo" with Julia as our daughter.  Ha.

REALLY excited the summer of 2008 to see...

This.  Peter Cetera.  Crown Center.  FREE. Best concert of my life.

Anyway, Julia, if you are reading this, I want you to know how much we love you and how happy we are for you and Caleb.  You have been a source of such joy for our family and we are excited that Caleb is the man God has chosen for you!  We pray for you weekly and look forward to seeing you again soon!

PS-Tomorrow is the last day to enter the giveaway at Land of La!  Be there or be square!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

designed with love by beautiful dawn designs